If you are in Kathmandu, Nepal then you cannot miss this popular optional Everest Mountain Flight trip. We will pick you up early morning (5:30 AM) and drive to the Kathmandu Airport. You will be in a plane for 1 hour experiencing the spectacular view of highest mountains in the world.
In this spectacular Everest Mountain Flight – Nepal, you will fly to the top of the world’s largest mountain range giving you a breathtaking scenic flight for 1-hour. You will see Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse (4th highest), Mount Makalu (5th highest) and many other peaks which are listed below. The scenic flight departs from the domestic airport in Kathmandu and takes place early in the morning to catch the best light. Please find your schedule below:
- Close view of Mount Everest from the air
- Breath-taking views of World’s Top Mountains, Lakes, & Glaciers
- Guaranteed with windows seat with Pilot narration
- Special certificate from the airline about completion of Mt. Everest Flight
05:30 – Pickup from your Hotel and drive to Kathmandu Airport
06:00 – Mt. Everest Flight for 1 hr
All of our passengers are invited to the cockpit to view the spectacular views of the world’s tallest mountains. You will be given a brochure to identify each peak. Also the air hostess will guide you to identify the peaks. You will also get Certificate of Completion from Airlines
07:00 – Drive from Kathmandu Airport to your Hotel
USD is for Foreign National and INR is for Indian National
Note: Free Cancellation 48 hours before your Flight Time
- Everest Mountain flight ticket for 1 hour
- Both way Airport Transfer by private car from Hotel to Airport
- Airport departure tax
Mountain flights offer passengers a spectacular view of the Himalayan peaks.The one hour mountain flight takes within camera range of some of the highest peaks in the world. The flight operates very early at the morning to catch the Mountain View clearly on daily bases starting from 6:30 AM till 9:30 AM only.
Description of few Mountains that can be seen from the Mt. Flight: -
- Langtang (7234m): The first mountain, which can be seen, is Langtang. The valley of Langtang, which is not visible from the mountain flight, is considered to be the most beautiful in the whole Himalayan region.
- Gosainthan (8013m): The Mountain lies on the Nepal - Tibetan border. Tibetan name for this mountain is Shisapangma. She is related with many Hindu Mythologies especially of Shiva.
- DorjeLakpa (6975m): This Mountain has a Tibetan name, which means "the mountains of many sacred Thunderbolts". This mountain is considered to be Holy Mountain for Buddhists and climbing permission was given only in 1964, and it was not climbed until 1981.
- Gauri-Sanker (7134m): As this mountain lies to the south of Everest, name given by the Sherpas is Lhotse, which means" South Peak". The first ascent of this mountain took place in 1956 by the Swiss.
- Lhotse (8516m): This single mountain has two peaks and also has two names together because the Hindus believe that the mountain looks like the pair of Gods Shiva and Gouri. This holy mountain was restricted till 1977 for the climbers. It was only in 1979 that an American - Nepal group reached the summit.
- Mount Everest (8848m): This Mountain was discovered in 1852 and is the highest mountain of the world, is named after Sir George Everest, and English surveyor. Sagarmatha, top of the universe, is the name giver by Nepal which means, "Mother of the world" and Qomolongma in Tibetan. Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgey Sherpa were first to climb Everest on May 25, 1953. As a coronation gift to Queen Elizabeth.
The program starts right from the TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport, capital Airport) and the flight will last for 1 hour but each and every moments after you leave the ground will be unforgettable because you'll fly across the Himalayan range and no wonder the "top of the world", The Everest-8848 m.
List of the Domestic Airlines Operating Mountain Flights:
- Buddha Air
- Yeti Airlines
- Simrik Airlines
- Sauray Airlines