Everest Helicopter Tour gives you an aerial perspective of the Himalayas including the world’s tallest peak, Mount Everest. Watch the Himalayas unfold from the comfort of the helicopter. Take this helicopter tour to Everest Region and fly above Everest Base Camp and stop briefly at Kala Patthar (5550m), the most popular viewpoint in the region. Moreover enjoy breakfast at Shyangboche surrounded by Himalayan peaks, before flying back to Kathmandu.
Your luxurious Everest Base Camp Helicopter landing tour begins from Kathmandu. Get a bird’s-eye view of the entire city before flying onwards to Lukla, the ‘Gateway to Everest’. As you fly parallel to the Himalayan range, you can view an endless chain of frozen mountains. Next, after a brief stopover at the Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla for refueling, the aircraft takes off again towards the mountains. Watch people including trekkers with backpacks moving like ants on trails cut deep on the mountainsides. Fly above Sherpa settlements, solitary yak herders’ camps and ancient monasteries.
Hover right above Everest Base Camp and 8000-meter peaks. Feast your eyes on the frozen panorama of Khumbu Glacier and Icefall. Colorful tented camps of expedition groups fill the area during the climbing season. In addition, step on the most popular viewpoint in Everest Region – Kala Patthar (5550 m). The helicopter stops here briefly, long enough for you to take pictures and savour close up views of Pumori, Nuptse, Lobuche and Mount Everest. Just a couple of hours back you were in your hotel room in Kathmandu. Now you are taking an Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour flying above the base camp of Mount Everest, just unbelievable! The feeling is exhilarating! End this luxurious Mount Everest helicopter tour with a hearty breakfast at Shyangboche. Before finally landing in Kathmandu, enjoy an aerial view of the valley’s famed UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Why you will love this trip?
- Fly close to some of the highest peaks in the world, including Mount Everest
- Set foot on Kala Patthar (5550m), the most popular viewpoint in Everest Region
- Enjoy close up views of 7000 and 8000-meter peaks
- Aerial views of Everest Base Camp, Khumbu Glacier, Khumbu Icefall, Gokyo Lakes
- Breakfast at Shyangboche surrounded by snowy walls of Himalayan giants
- Hover above Kathmandu’s famed UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Why Should You Choose Everest Heli Tour?
- Everest Heli Tour lets you experience the tallest mountain in the world from the comfort of a helicopter. Now you don’t have to take a lengthy and arduous trek up the mountains to get a peek of Mount Everest. Our Everest Heli Tour gives you the opportunity to be on top of the world in a matter of hours.
- Visit Everest Region (one of the highest inhabited places in the world) without paying a hefty trekking fee.
- Fly close to Mount Everest (8848m), the tallest peak in the world.
- Bird’s eye view of 8000 and 7000-metre peaks – Lhotse(8516m), Nuptse(7861m), Makalu (8,481m), Cho Oyu(8201).
- A brief but exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world, Tenzing-Hillary Airport (2,845m) in Lukla. The airport is a narrow strip of land on top of a mountain ridge.
- Enjoy aerial views of quaint Sherpa settlements (Namche, Tengboche, Phakding etc.) and Sagarmatha National Park (a natural UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Stand at the base of Mount Pumori (7161m) and savour 360-degree views of soaring Himalayan peaks.
- The helicopter you ride in has a stock of supplementary oxygen, in case the altitude gets to you.